This book has 1 recommendations
Patricia Reed (Technology Growth Leader & Mentor / )
The Minto Pyramid Principle: For would-be consultants, a (very dry) book on how to write effectively for business.
How many times have you written an email at work, read it back and found that it didn't make as much sense as you'd hoped? or worse, someone else has told you that they can't follow it. The Pyramid Principle will show you how to communicate your ideas clearly and succinctly.Barbara Minto reveals that the mind automatically sorts information into distinctive pyramidal groupings. However, if any group of ideas are arranged into a pyramid structure in the first place, not only will it save valuable time and effort to write, it will take even less effort to read and comprehend it.
The Pyramid Principle explains how to:
- think creatively, reason lucidly, and express ideas with clarity
- define complex problems and establish the objectives of any document
- assess your ideas and recognize their relative importance
- structure your reasoning into a coherent and transparent argument
- analyze your argument to confirm its effectiveness.
The clear communication of ideas, whether to clients, colleagues or the management board, is a key factor in determining personal success. Applying the Pyramid Principle will enable you to present your thinking so clearly that the ideas move off the page and into the reader's mind with a minimum of effort and a maximum of effect. Bring your ideas to life!
See more books recommended by
See more books written by