Wir hoffen, dass Ihnen die empfohlenen Bücher gefallen! Nur damit Sie es wissen, The CEO Library kann über die Links auf dieser Seite einen Anteil am Umsatz oder andere Vergütungen einziehen.
Dieses Buch hat 1 Empfehlung
Barack Obama (ehemaliger US-Präsident)
Fact or fiction, the president knows that reading keeps the mind sharp. He also delved into these non-fiction reads:
- Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Evan Osnos
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman
- Moral Man And Immoral Society, Reinhold Niebuhr
- A Kind And Just Parent, William Ayers
- The Post-American World, Fareed Zakaria
- Lessons in Disaster, Gordon Goldstein
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Yuval Noah Harari
- The Fire Next Time, James Baldwin
- Andy Grove: The Life and Times of an American, Richard S Tedlow
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity, Katherine Boo
A national bestseller when it first appeared in 1963, The Fire Next Time galvanized the nation and gave passionate voice to the emerging civil rights movement. At once a powerful evocation of James Baldwin's early life in Harlem and a disturbing examination of the consequences of racial injustice, the book is an intensely personal and provocative document. It consists of two "letters," written on the occasion of the centennial of the Emancipation Proclamation, that exhort Americans, both black and white, to attack the terrible legacy of racism. Described by The New York Times Book Review as "sermon, ultimatum, confession, deposition, testament, and chronicle...all presented in searing, brilliant prose," The Fire Next Time stands as a classic of our literature.