Nelson Chu, Gründer von High5.ai, spricht über die Bücher, die seine Denkweise verändert haben
HIGH5 provides Customer Engagement solutions that focus on using artificial intelligence and chatbots to help enterprises build a lifetime relationship with their customers.
Established in 2017, HIGH5 has helped enterprises such as Cathy United Bank, Rakuten, Porsche and Bosch to connect with their customers in a new and more meaningful way.
Nelson is also a mentor for The Walt Disney Studios Software Development Team, responsible for designing the next generation of applications to support theatrical and television product sales operational support system. Amongst Nelson’s primary responsibilities, we have to mention mentoring and working with senior software engineers to migrate existing desktop applications to the web.
The following interview reveals the books that Nelson believes are super-important reads for every aspiring entrepreneur and, as a bonus, shares the book that helps keep your body in tip-top shape!
P.S. thanks Bernard Tan for introducing us!
Was ist dein Lieblingsbuch und warum? Geschäftlich und nicht geschäftlich, wenn möglich.
Das schlanke Startup from Eric Ries. I read a lot of different business and startup books, but I think this book is the godfather of books for startups. After this book was published, it changed the way me and many other founders think about the way we build products.
Gab es einen bestimmten Moment, in dem Ihnen etwas, das Sie in einem Buch gelesen haben, geholfen hat? Kannst du mir davon erzählen?
Zero to One from Peter Thiel. In his book, he talked about how competition is for losers, and that really changed my mindset. After reading this book, I am able to think strategically on how to build a company that does not need to avoid competition.
Welche Bücher haben Sie am meisten beeindruckt? (vielleicht hat sich Ihre Sicht der Dinge verändert, Ihr Karriereweg dramatisch verändert)
Master your Metabolism, by Jillian Michaels. I love this book, it taught me how to treat my body right by designing my diet and exercise. Once I learned how to master my own metabolism, my life has been so much more productive while staying healthy.
Welche Bücher würden Sie jungen Leuten empfehlen, die sich für Ihren beruflichen Weg interessieren? Wieso den? (keine Anzahl Begrenzung hier)
- Lean Startup by Eric Ries (If you don’t read this book, you are missing out).
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel (It will teach you how to think big).
- Master your Metabolism, by Jillian Michaels (It will change your life, even if you are not into startups).
- Do More Faster by Brad Feld (It will give you a lot of ideas how to be more productive).
Links where you can follow Nelson Chu or find out more about his projects:
All books mentioned by Nelson Chu in this interview:
- Das Lean Startup von Eric Ries
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel, Blake Masters
- Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body! by Jillian Michaels, Mariska van Aalst
- Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup by Brad Feld, David Cohen