Vincenzo Ruggiero, CEO de Prospect.io, comparte una lista de libros educativos, entretenidos y emocionales
Prospect.io was born back in 2015, with the purpose of helping B2B sales through a tool that finds and verifies e-mail addresses, job titles, phone numbers of the prospects, etc. The ultimate goal is to help save the time it takes to browse web pages for contact info and saving them in different locations.
Vincenzo is a web entrepreneur, designer and web developer, based in Brussels, Belgium. He’s been in the entrepreneurial scene for quite some time and gathered a great amount of experience with businesses. He previously founded companies such as Postpone, a task management app, and Expiry.io, a tool that helps people connect stay on track with their Stripe payments.
Our interview with Vincenzo revealed a diverse list of books, some emotional, some entertaining, and some straight-on educational.
¿Cuál es tu libro favorito y por qué? Negocios y no negocios, si es posible.
The Son by Michel Rostain.
This book is about a dad that tragically lost his son due to a virulent strain of meningitis. Not a very happy book but when I read it I was completely overwhelmed with emotions. Definitely a book to read.
American Desperado by Jon Roberts and Evan Wright.
This book is so great, so entertaining! If you like the mafia and drug stories (I do) you’ll love it!
Rehacer by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.
Probably the best business book that has been written. It’s so concise and so smart while being so easy to read. You can read it over and over again and the advices that are exposed will always blow your mind 🙂
¿Qué libros te impactaron más? (quizás cambió la forma en que ves las cosas, cambió drásticamente tu carrera profesional)
Again, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson with their first book, Getting Real.
I’m a product creator (I’m a developer and I love design and UX). Everything in this book shaped the way I see my job as a product builder. “Less is more” and “Keep It Stupid and Simple” (KISS) are 2 mottos from that book I use everyday for almost 10 years!
¿Qué libros recomendarías a los jóvenes interesados en tu camino profesional? ¿Por qué? (sin límite de número aquí)
- Rehacer, Getting real y Remote – The combo from Fried and DHH.
- Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso.
- From Impossible To Inevitable by Aaron Ross & Jason Lemkin.
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
- Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross.
- Content Machine by Dan Norris.
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX y la búsqueda de un futuro fantástico by Ashlee Vance.
- Contagious by Jonah Berger.
Me interesa saber más sobre sus hábitos de lectura. ¿Con qué frecuencia lees? ¿En qué formato?
I read on Kindle, 1 book per 2 weeks.
¿Cómo haces tiempo para leer?
I cut-off TV / “news reading” and replace it by reading books (one of the best decision you can take).
¿Cómo eliges qué libros leer a continuación?
Word of mouth – Amazon Suggestions.
¿Priorizas los libros recomendados por determinadas personas? ¿Hay alguien a quien consideres un gurú de las recomendaciones de libros?
Not really, except my wife maybe 🙂
Última pregunta: ¿qué libro estás leyendo actualmente y qué esperas obtener de él?
I’m reading “The world Without Us”.
I don’t really expect anything when reading, I just like it and I know only good things will come from it 🙂
Links where you can follow Vincenzo Ruggiero or find out more about his projects:
All books mentioned by Vincenzo Ruggiero in this interview:
- The Son by Michel Rostain
- American Desperado: My Life–From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset by Jon Roberts, Evan Wright
- Reelaboración de Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Getting Real by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson, Matthew Linderman
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- From Impossible To Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross, Jason Lemkin
- Cómo ganar amigos e influir en las personas de Dale Carnegie
- Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com by Aaron Ross, Marylou Tyler
- Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-Figure Business With Zero Advertising by Dan Norris
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger