Esperamos que você ame os livros que as pessoas recomendam! Só para você saber, a Biblioteca do CEO pode coletar uma parte das vendas ou outras compensações dos links nesta página.
Este livro tem 1 recomendação
Barack Obama (ex-presidente dos EUA)
In November 2014, Obama took a trip to D.C. independent bookstore Politics and Prose to honor small businesses and add to his personal library. Accompanied by daughters Malia and Sasha, POTUS picked up novels from the Redwall fantasy series by Brian Jacques, as well as some from the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. He also added these titles to his heavy bags:
- Brown Girl Dreaming, Jacqueline Woodson
- Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
- Nora Webster, Colm Toibin
- The Laughing Monsters, Denis Johnson
- Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China, Evan Osnos
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, Dr. Atul Gawande
- Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms, Katherine Rundell
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North, Richard Flanagan
- Redwall series, Brian Jacques
- Junie B. Jones series, Barbara Park
- Nuts To You, Lynn Rae Perkins
How far would you go for a friend? In Nuts to You, the funny and moving illustrated novel by Newbery Medalist Lynne Rae Perkins, two squirrels go very far indeed to save a friend who has been snatched up by a hawk. Nuts to You “begs to be read aloud . . . another completely original and exceptional package from Perkins,” said the Horn Book. Nuts to You features black-and-white art by the author on every page, as well as exclusive material original to this edition.
Jed, TsTs, and Chai are the very best of friends. So when Jed is snatched up by a hawk and carried away to another realm, TsTs and Chai resolve to go after him. Mysteriously, the hawk has dropped him. They saw it. Jed could be alive. New communities are discovered, new friends are made, huge danger is encountered (both man-made and of the fox and bobcat variety) and the mysteries of squirrel culture are revealed. Nuts to You is wholly original, funny, lively, and thought-provoking. Publishers Weekly said, “Readers . . . will relish the squirrels’ adventures, as well as Perkins’s laugh-aloud illustrations and equally witty footnotes.”
Includes an introduction, epilogue, and footnotes throughout, as well as original exclusive material from the author.