Vincenzo Ruggiero, CEO da Prospect.io, compartilha uma lista de livros emocionante, divertida e educacional
Prospect.io was born back in 2015, with the purpose of helping B2B sales through a tool that finds and verifies e-mail addresses, job titles, phone numbers of the prospects, etc. The ultimate goal is to help save the time it takes to browse web pages for contact info and saving them in different locations.
Vincenzo is a web entrepreneur, designer and web developer, based in Brussels, Belgium. He’s been in the entrepreneurial scene for quite some time and gathered a great amount of experience with businesses. He previously founded companies such as Postpone, a task management app, and Expiry.io, a tool that helps people connect stay on track with their Stripe payments.
Our interview with Vincenzo revealed a diverse list of books, some emotional, some entertaining, and some straight-on educational.
Qual é o seu livro favorito e por quê? Negócios e não-negócios, se possível.
The Son by Michel Rostain.
This book is about a dad that tragically lost his son due to a virulent strain of meningitis. Not a very happy book but when I read it I was completely overwhelmed with emotions. Definitely a book to read.
American Desperado by Jon Roberts and Evan Wright.
This book is so great, so entertaining! If you like the mafia and drug stories (I do) you’ll love it!
Retrabalho by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.
Probably the best business book that has been written. It’s so concise and so smart while being so easy to read. You can read it over and over again and the advices that are exposed will always blow your mind 🙂
Quais livros tiveram o maior impacto em você? (talvez mudou a maneira como você vê as coisas, mudou drasticamente sua carreira)
Again, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson with their first book, Caindo na real.
I’m a product creator (I’m a developer and I love design and UX). Everything in this book shaped the way I see my job as a product builder. “Less is more” and “Keep It Stupid and Simple” (KISS) are 2 mottos from that book I use everyday for almost 10 years!
Que livros recomendaria a jovens interessados no seu percurso profissional? Por quê? (sem limite de número aqui)
- Retrabalho, Getting real e Controlo remoto – The combo from Fried and DHH.
- Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso.
- From Impossible To Inevitable by Aaron Ross & Jason Lemkin.
- Como fazer Amigos e Influenciar Pessoas by Dale Carnegie.
- Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross.
- Content Machine by Dan Norris.
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX e a busca por um futuro fantástico by Ashlee Vance.
- Contagious by Jonah Berger.
Estou interessado em saber mais sobre seus hábitos de leitura. quantas vezes você leu? Em que formato?
I read on Kindle, 1 book per 2 weeks.
Como arranja tempo para a leitura?
I cut-off TV / “news reading” and replace it by reading books (one of the best decision you can take).
Como você escolhe quais livros ler a seguir?
Word of mouth – Amazon Suggestions.
Você prioriza os livros recomendados por determinadas pessoas? Existe alguém que você considera um guru de recomendações de livros?
Not really, except my wife maybe 🙂
Última pergunta: que livro você está lendo atualmente e o que você espera ganhar com isso?
I’m reading “The world Without Us”.
I don’t really expect anything when reading, I just like it and I know only good things will come from it 🙂
Links where you can follow Vincenzo Ruggiero or find out more about his projects:
All books mentioned by Vincenzo Ruggiero in this interview:
- The Son by Michel Rostain
- American Desperado: My Life–From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset by Jon Roberts, Evan Wright
- Rework by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Getting Real by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson, Matthew Linderman
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- From Impossible To Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross, Jason Lemkin
- Como Fazer Amigos e Influenciar Pessoas de Dale Carnegie
- Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com by Aaron Ross, Marylou Tyler
- Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-Figure Business With Zero Advertising by Dan Norris
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX e a Busca por um Futuro Fantástico por Ashlee Vance
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger