The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
By Mark Twain
We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 2 recommendations
Richard Branson (Founder/Virgin Group)Today is World Book Day, a wonderful opportunity to address this #ChallengeRichard sent in by Mike Gonzalez of New Jersey: Make a list of your top 65 books to read in a lifetime.
Ovidiu Drugan (Owner/Set Sail Nautic School)
Question:What books had the biggest impact on you? (perhaps changed the way you see things, dramatically changed your career path)
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- Write It Down, Make It Happen – Henriette Anne Klauser
- Two years vacations – Jules Verne (and all the well known books) – navigation & cast away story
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain (and Tom Sawyer) – river expedition
- The Foundation Cycle – Isaac Asimov
- War books – Sven Hassel – changed the way I see the army, conflicts, war
- Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoyevsky – any crime comes with inner suffering so better not do it
- Nansen, Kon-Tiki, Expedition Ra – all expedition books form north pole to across the oceans with ships or rafts
Whether he’s sneaking doughnuts, mooning over a pretty girl, or snookering the local boys to do his work for him, Tom Sawyer is the consummate schemer—but his charm and easygoing nature keep him from being in anyone’s bad graces for long.
However, when Tom teams up with his friend Huck Finn, their sleepy Missouri town had better watch out. Based on Mark Twain’s memories of growing up along the Mississippi River, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is both an idyllic picture of boyhood and an affectionate satire of adult conventions.
Get this book on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | iBooks
See more books recommended by
Richard Branson, Ovidiu Drugan
See more books written by
- My top 65 books to read in a lifetime
- Ovidiu Drugan, owner of Set Sail Nautic School, shares favourite books