From Paper to Screen: Are Movies as Good as the Books They’re Based on?
Kings, Lords, Counts & Alchemists… can you guess our favorite fiction books?
In today’s episode you get to listen to us (Cristina, Theo, Vlad) talk about the fiction books that marked us at different moments in life, the movies that trump books they are based on, how you can apply in life & business what you learn from fiction, and many other related matters (we’ll probably record a sequel to this episode).
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
- All The Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr
- The Three-Body Problem – Liu Cixin
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- The Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas
- Fight Club – Chuck Palahniuk
- Jurassic Park – Michael Crichton
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R. R. Martin
- Finders Keepers by Stephen King
- Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
- Off Armageddon Reef (The Safehold series) by David Weber
- The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Jennifer Lynch
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Harry Potter Box Set by J. K. Rowling
- George RR Martin and Stephen King Interview
If you enjoyed this episode, you can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or wherever else you get your podcasts. Also, if you want to receive updates about our podcast or interviews, join our newsletter.
If you didn’t enjoy this episode, please send it to your competition.