We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 1 recommendation
Barack Obama (Former USA President)
In November 2014, Obama took a trip to D.C. independent bookstore Politics and Prose to honor small businesses and add to his personal library. Accompanied by daughters Malia and Sasha, POTUS picked up novels from the Redwall fantasy series by Brian Jacques, as well as some from the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. He also added these titles to his heavy bags:
- Brown Girl Dreaming, Jacqueline Woodson
- Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
- Nora Webster, Colm Toibin
- The Laughing Monsters, Denis Johnson
- Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China, Evan Osnos
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End, Dr. Atul Gawande
- Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms, Katherine Rundell
- The Narrow Road to the Deep North, Richard Flanagan
- Redwall series, Brian Jacques
- Junie B. Jones series, Barbara Park
- Nuts To You, Lynn Rae Perkins
In the despair of a Japanese POW camp on the Burma Death Railway, surgeon Dorrigo Evans is haunted by his love affair with his uncle’s young wife two years earlier. Struggling to save the men under his command from starvation, from cholera, from beatings, he receives a letter that will change his life forever.
This is a story about the many forms of love and death, of war and truth, as one man comes of age, prospers, only to discover all that he has lost.