We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 1 recommendation
Christopher Lochhead (Host/Legends and Losers Podcast)
Question: What books had the biggest impact on you? Perhaps changed the way you see things or dramatically changed your career path.
- “Zen and the Art of Making a Living: A Practical Guide to Creative Career Design” By Laurence Boldt
- “Horse Sense: The Key to Success Is Finding a Horse to Ride” by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- “What They Don't Teach You at Harvard Business School” by Mark McCormack
Mark H. McCormack, one of the most successful entrepreneurs in American business, is widely credited as the founder of the modern-day sports marketing industry. On a handshake with Arnold Palmer and less than a thousand dollars, he started International Management Group and, over a four-decade period, built the company into a multimillion-dollar enterprise with offices in more than forty countries.
To this day, McCormack’s business classic remains a must-read for executives and managers at every level. Relating his proven method of “applied people sense” in key chapters on sales, negotiation, reading others and yourself, and executive time management, McCormack presents powerful real-world guidance on
- the secret life of a deal
- management philosophies that don’t work (and one that does)
- the key to running a meeting—and how to attend one
- the positive use of negative reinforcement
- proven ways to observe aggressively and take the edge
- and much more
Get this book on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | iBooks
See more books recommended by
See more books written by
- Christopher Lochhead, Host of Legends and Losers Podcast, Shares the Reading List That Shaped His Youth & Career