We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 1 recommendation
Tudor Teodorescu (Founder/Transylvania Uncharted)The books that I am reading now are targeting the 3 categories of development mentioned before: personally, professionally and spiritually. The title describes everything that there is to say about them and from my experience the results so far from these books are amazing.
Drawing on the latest climbing research, this third edition of the international best-selling Training for Climbing presents a comprehensive, evidence-based program for improving climbing performance. With the unique perspective of a veteran climber, researcher, and coach, Eric Hörst blends leading edge sport science with his decades of climbing and coaching experience to create a content-rich text packed with practical how-to and what-to-do information.
A few of the new topics explored include:
- Energy system training to develop greater strength, power-endurance, and aerobic endurance.
- Recalibrating the brain’s central governor for higher power output and stamina.
- Daily Undulating Periodization as an effective method of on-season programming.
- “Training zones” for rock climbers—the secret to truly effective training!
- Stabilizer training to improve arm power and reduce risk of shoulder injury.
Also included are expanded chapters on developing strength, power, and endurance in the crucial finger flexor and pulling muscles, as well as a must-read chapter on developing exceptional core strength. Hörst completes his coaching with dedicated chapters on technique and mental training, performance nutrition, accelerating recovery, and injury prevention. The book’s 300-plus pages of expert instruction make for the most advanced and complete book of its type!
Eric Hörst is an internationally renowned author and a climber of forty years. As a researcher and coach, Hörst has written hundreds of articles and coached thousands of climbers from around the world. He owns the popular website Training4Climbing.com.
Get this book on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | iBooks
See more books recommended by
See more books written by
- Tudor Teodorescu, Founder of Transylvania Uncharted, Shares the Story of How a Book Shaped His Life Path