We hope you love the books people recommend! Just so you know, The CEO Library may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
This book has 3 recommendations
Andrea Loubier (CEO/MailBird)The 10% Entrepreneur and Girlboss. Both empower people to create a strategic plan and risk-taking that are needed for considering entrepreneurship. A lot of it is experimenting, learning and just doing.
Vincenzo Ruggiero (CEO/Prospect.io)
Question: What books would you recommend to young people interested in your career path?
- Rework, Getting real and Remote - The combo from Fried and DHH.
- Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
- From Impossible To Inevitable by Aaron Ross & Jason Lemkin
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross
- Content Machine by Dan Norris
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
Chelsea Frank (Founder/Life and Limb Gel)I read everything with an open mind, often challenging myself by choosing books with an odd perspective or religious/spiritual views. These books do not reflect my personal feelings but are books that helped shape my perspective on life, love, and happiness.
This book is part of our collection:
Amoruso spent her teens hitchhiking, committing petty theft, and scrounging in dumpsters for leftover bagels. By age twenty-two she had dropped out of school, and was broke, directionless, and checking IDs in the lobby of an art school—a job she’d taken for the health insurance.
It was in that lobby that Sophia decided to start selling vintage clothes on eBay. Flash forward to today, and she’s the founder of Nasty Gal and the founder and CEO of Girlboss. Sophia was never a typical CEO, or a typical anything, and she’s written #GIRLBOSS for other girls like her: outsiders (and insiders) seeking a unique path to success, even when that path is windy as all hell and lined with naysayers.
#GIRLBOSS proves that being successful isn’t about where you went to college or how popular you were in high school. It’s about trusting your instincts and following your gut; knowing which rules to follow and which to break; when to button up and when to let your freak flag fly.
Get this book on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | iBooks
See more books recommended by
Andrea Loubier, Vincenzo Ruggiero, Chelsea Frank
See more books written by
- Interview with Andrea Loubier
- Vincenzo Ruggiero, CEO of Prospect.io, Shares an Emotional, Entertaining, Educational Book List
- Chelsea Frank, Founder of Life and Limb Gel, on How Books Revealed the Path to Self-Improvement